chestnut hill australian labradoodle adoption contract
This contract is between Chestnut Hill Labradoodles, LLC (hereinafter referred to as BREEDER(s), and ______________________________________, hereinafter referred to as BUYER(s).
This puppy is being sold as a companion/pet and not for breeding purposes. PUPPY will be de-sexed before leaving BREEDER. BUYER understands that the sale of this puppy is for PET purposes only, not as a breeding dog.
Puppy’s Desexing was completed on _____________ by Dr. Peter Linko at Miamitown Vet Hospital, 5990 State Route 128 Cleves, OH 45002 513-353-1229.
1. Chestnut Hill Labradoodles, LLC states that this puppy is in good health as far as appears to the eye and with Veterinarian visit, has received appropriate medical inoculations per the attached recommendations, deworming, care, socialization, and has been spayed/neutered. BREEDER will provide BUYER with medical chart detailing treatment that PUPPY has received under BREEDER’S care, and any future care BREEDER feels is essential to puppy’s well-being. The BREEDER promises to a make the BUYER aware of any and all known health issues before the purchase of this puppy.
2. BUYER must have PUPPY examined by a licensed Veterinarian of BUYER’S choice within 72 hours of receipt of PUPPY or this contract will be null and void. The Breeder is not liable for any accident or injury of the animal once it leaves Chestnut Hill Labradoodle’s premises. BREEDER shall not be held responsible for the development of faults, diseases, or disorders, which are due to BUYERS negligence and environmental factors.
3. If this puppy is found to have a life-threatening illness diagnosed by a Veterinarian within 72 hours after the delivery/possession of puppy, the BUYER may return this puppy to Chestnut Hill Labradoodles (travel at the BUYER’S expense) to receive a full refund or a replacement puppy if one is available. This does not include minor illness requiring short-term medication. Proof of examination and diagnosis must be provided to the BREEDER within the 72-hour period in order to receive reimbursement of funds or replacement puppy. Chestnut Hill Labradoodles should be contacted immediately with the name and number of the Veterinarian responsible for performing the exam. The vet will also need to provide in writing all of the results and a diagnosis. The BREEDER reserves the right to a second veterinary opinion. If a case occurs where BREEDER and BUYERS choice of Veterinarian’s disagree in diagnosis, treatment and/prognosis, a third party Veterinarian from Purdue University will be contacted for evaluation along with all records received from all involved testing and Veterinarian visits.
4. This contract does NOT cover the following: viral illnesses, parasites, infections, improper bites, giardia or coccidiosis or kennel cough. It also does not cover illnesses due to the ingestion of foreign objects, food, chemicals, stress related issues, behavioral issues, physical injuries and/or illnesses which may have occurred and/or contracted during transport to the buyer.
Two-Year Genetic Guarantee:
1. The Breeder guarantees hips & elbows against any genetic defects for 2 years from the birth date of the puppy. Should puppy be diagnosed with a life inhibiting genetic defect from birth to age 2 years, and confirmed by two unassociated veterinarians, (1) to be of BUYERS choosing and (1) to be of BREEDERS choosing, thereby causing PUPPY to be unsuitable as a pet, the Breeder will provide BUYER with one of the following options as long as the conditions described below are met. If this puppy is diagnosed with hip or elbow genetic defect, official written documentation including films and any and all veterinary reports associated with the diagnosis from the OFA (Orthopedic Foundation for Animals) of dysplasia is needed before a replacement puppy is given. We will not honor a written statement or exams from your licensed vet; it must be documented by OFA and the results must be sent to our Veterinarian. If your puppy is diagnosed by OFA to have dysplasia, we do not require the puppy be returned to us. Due to the environmental causes of this disorder, genetics cannot be completely blamed entirely for its development. NOTE: ALL Veterinarian costs and testing procedural expenses are BUYER’S responsibility.
Option #1: Should BUYER choose to keep PUPPY, BREEDER will refund 50% of the Companion/Pet price that was originally paid for PUPPY, with the submission to the BREEDER of the supporting veterinary reports required above. 50% refund does not apply to any testing, veterinary bills, shipping or travel costs, which the BUYER might incur. BUYER understands that in choosing this option that any and all further guarantees of PUPPY’S two (2) year and health guarantee are null and void.
Option #2: Should BUYER choose to relinquish ownership of PUPPY to BREEDER, BREEDER will provide a replacement puppy to the BUYER as soon as such a puppy is available. BUYER must pay for any shipping or miscellaneous charges associated with transport of the replacement puppy.
2. BREEDER shall not be held responsible for the development of faults, diseases, or disorders, which are due to BUYERS negligence and environmental factors.
3. Genetic Health Guarantee is extended for one additional year for puppies who are fed Life’s Abundance All Stages Dog Food, and purchased through the BREEDER and meets all other forms of this contract.
4. Care provided to your puppy by the BREEDER, Chestnut Hill Labradoodles, LLC: includes but is not limited to;
• BREEDER requires that all Companion/Pet puppies to be held at Chestnut Hill Labradoodles until at least 8 weeks of age and all puppies sold as PET/companion puppies be desexed before BUYER takes possession.
• BREEDER will provide all Companion/Pets with micro-chip so that identification and puppy recording certificates are easily matched.
• Vaccinations: The Breeder assures that this puppy has received the following vaccinations Parvovirus, Distemper, and Adenovirus: NeoPar Date ___ and NeoDA2 on Date _________ .
• BREEDER cannot be held responsible for failing vaccine as a result of manufacturer fault.
• ***Also see Titer Test Recommendations and Explanations***
• Dewormer: Chestnut Hill Labradoodles deworms puppies with Pyrantel 3 times while in our care/possession.
Last dose of dewormer was given on Date:______________
Next dose of dewormer due at first vet visit by BUYER on DATE______________
Dewormer complete, fecal sample clear: _______________
• Early Neurological Stimulation and Early Scent Introduction: You will receive a certificate of your puppy’s graduation from Early Neurological Stimulation training.
• Socialization: Your puppy will be well socialized with people of various ages, other dogs, and other animals when applicable. At Chestnut Hill Labradoodles your puppy will be brought up in a loving home and cared for following the ‘Avidog’ methods/philosophy as well as receiiving the first 8 weeks of the ‘Puppy Culture’ program.
5. BREEDER is not held responsible for any medical costs for the puppy’s human family/BUYER, should an allergic event occur as possible resultant of puppy.
6. BUYER is aware that you are purchasing an animal and nature dictates the growth and development of the puppy’s size and coat. BREEDER is making an educated estimate, not a guarantee, for expectations of puppy’s size and coat at maturity.
Care provided to your puppy by the BUYER, after leaving Chestnut Hill Labradoodles:
• The BUYER agrees to maintain this puppy/dog in good health, provide routine preventative health care, including but not limited to, inoculations, internal and external parasites, and preventative medications as indicated. BUYER agrees to provide fresh water and proper quality food in the correct amounts, proper socialization, and proper amount of exercise. BREEDER IS NOT HELD RESPONSIBLE for illness or disease that develops after over-vaccinating puppy, even if recommended by your vet. BREEDER recommends providing CORE and necessary vaccines at the optimum timing as evidenced by Titer test, and not giving more than 2 vaccines at a time. This includes rabies and other non-core vaccines such as Lyme, Lepto, Bordetlla, etc.
• Under NO CIRCUMSTANCES is the dog to be placed in a pet shop, animal shelter, or
similar establishment. If for any reason, you are unable to care for your puppy or adult dog – PLEASE contact us immediately. We will assist you in locating a new home for your puppy.
• BUYER understands that the Australian Labradoodle is an intelligent dog that is slow to mature to its full temperament by nature. Your PUPPY will require early socialization and continued consistent training to keep your PUPPY`S mind stimulated. BREEDER strongly recommends that BUYER attend obedience classes with PUPPY and provide proper socialization opportunities for the PUPPY. For best results, all experience should be molded to be POSITIVE before 16 weeks of age. Obedience training typically begins at age 12-16 weeks and is continued until dog is sufficiently trained and socialized. Training may be completed independently or with a certified dog trainer. Should BUYER not be successful at obedience training or training of negative behaviors, BUYER agrees to seek help from a certified animal behaviorist. BREEDER shall not be held responsible for acts of puppy, which are due to BUYERS negligence or lack of proper training and socialization of puppy.
• Should BUYER decide to sell, relinquish or transfer PUPPY, BUYER agrees to notify BREEDER of PUPPY`S new owners details and address. BUYER agrees to screen new owners before sale, release, or transfer of PUPPY. BUYER must contact BREEDER, in which Chestnut Hill Labradoodles shall either take PUPPY back or assist BUYER in finding a suitable home for PUPPY.
• BUYER agrees to keep PUPPY at the proper weight and fit throughout its normal growth period and does not allow PUPPY to go up and down stairs in excessive repetition until PUPPY has reached its full growth.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR PROTECTING AND CARING FOR YOUR PUPPY:
• When puppies are given their 1st vaccines, this does not mean they are immune to the diseases they have been vaccinated against. Check with your Vet and follow up on all recommended boosters before taking your puppy to meet the public including parks, lakes, on camping trips, and so on. Take your puppy to the vet in a carrier and do not allow them to roam freely, do not allow other clients at the vet office to handle your puppy, this may seem unfriendly but it is important. Just remember they may be visiting the vet with a sick pet and may not even know yet or may not consider it to be dangerous to hold your puppy.
• Do not allow your puppy to roam your home unsupervised unless you have thoroughly puppy proofed against cords, plants, chemicals etc. We recommend a crate, a playpen or a gated off “puppy area” when you cannot supervise your puppy for the first few months at home.
• Research and know the expectations of a Labradoodle coat, specifically noting the generational pairings of your puppy’s parents and what coat to expect. Every dog will lose some hair. In fact, every mammal will have normal hair loss. Puppies can lose their puppy coat as they transition into their adult coat; this can occur at approximately 12 weeks up to about 2 years of age and can vary from puppy to puppy. Puppies can also “shed” hair when stressed or ill or due to allergies. Puppies should be brushed several times a week and groomed early, by 16 weeks, to prevent matting problems as the puppy coat changes into the adult coat. Some labradoodle adult coats are prone to matting due to the curliness or being wet from outdoor activities and require more frequent brushing and grooming. Minimal hair loss or shedding can be expected with any dog or puppy for various reasons including but not limited to diet, stress/anxiety, over-excessive brushing, or allergy.
The BUYERS agreements will continue for the duration of this dog’s life and the BREEDER will have the right to enforce these agreements. Should BUYER choose to break any of the above portions of this agreement, the remainder of the agreement will be considered null and void. Breeder neither makes nor implies any warranties or guarantees, express or implied, other than those written in the agreement. This document constitutes the entire agreement between the BREEDER and BUYER with respect to this sale. The BUYER’S signature below indicates that The BUYER has read, agrees and does understand all the conditions and information regarding expectations and responsibilities of both the BREEDER and BUYER, within this Chestnut Hill Labradoodles Sales Contract.
Chestnut Hill Labradoodle Adoption Contract
Date of Contract: ____________
Date BUYER takes possession of puppy: __________
Payment Received for Sale of puppy: _________________
1. THE DOG
Dog’s call name:
Breed: Multi-Gen Australian Labradoodle
Date of birth:
2. THE BREEDER
Rob and Lindsay Buerger
Chestnut Hill Labradoodles LLC
22276 Sawdon Ridge Road
Guilford, IN 47022
3. THE BUYER
City State Zip: __________________
The Buyer agrees to follow the above contract. If any of the above preventative care has not been provided, health warranty will be rendered null and void. BUYER must have PUPPY examined by a licensed veterinarian of BUYER’S choice within 72 hours of receipt of PUPPY or this contract will be null and avoid. We retain the right to cancel this guarantee if the dog is not in good condition or looks to have been mistreated in any way.
Seller’s Signature: Buyer’s Signature:
Copyright Chestnut Hill Labradoodles, LLC. All rights reserved.