1. Submit a Puppy Application: Submit your application below or by printing it and mailing a copy to us. This helps us to know your preferences and expectations so that we can match you with your perfect Labradoodle. We will follow-up with a telephone call to discuss your needs and wishes and our upcoming or available puppies. If you do not hear from us within 72 hours, please send a follow-up email to email@example.com to be sure we have received your application.
2. Submit your Deposit: After we have approved your application, a deposit of $500 secures your puppy. You will receive an email from us with the Deposit contract and link to make your payment. The deposit is applied toward the $3000 purchase price of your new puppy. Deposits are ONLY refundable if we are not able to provide your with a puppy you have requested (size, color, coat type, and delivery date- you will note these details on your Deposit Contract). Please mail a check payable to Chestnut Hill Labradooodles along with a signed Puppy Deposit Contract, or use the link provided in the email to make your deposit online through Intuit (4% fee for deposits paid online applied, $20).
3. Visitors: Chestnut Hill Labradoodles will post pictures, video, and lots of details of our puppies as we raise them in our home. We regret that we cannot host visitors, " just lookers", or future owners while the puppies are young and not-vaccinated. We will welcome new families with a reservation and deposit, to visit us and the puppies when the puppies are about 6 weeks; families with reservations will receive an invite to schedule this date/time. There are some times when we may have another young litter in a critical period where we must use caution against outside visitors and may not be able to host visitors. However, for proper socialzation we will host many visitors once it is safe for the puppies.
4. Litter Updates: Once your reservation and deposit have been accepted, you can expect several emails with lots of information about important dates for your litter, vaccination information, what to prepare, what items are included in your take-home puppy bag, and other tips to help the make the transition of bringing home your puppy smooth.
5. Selection Process: Matching the right puppy to your family will be a joint effort of yours and ours. When selecting a puppy for each family/owner, many factors are taken into consideration, including your preferences and what is best for you and the puppy. Puppies that will be kept as a prospective breeder for our program or another approved breeding program will take first priority in order to continuing upholding the high quality of the Australian Labradoodle breed. Our next priority is a dog that will be placed for therapy work. Our certified trainer will perform a formal Temperament test when the puppies reach 7 weeks of age. All puppies will be tested and then matched according to temperament and your desires listed out on the deposit and application contracts. Please understand the process and our highest concern for getting these matches just right. We want you to take home the puppy of your dreams. Being open to gender and color will help us to match the right puppy to you based on temperament. There have been times that we have gone against our better judgement and watched the wrong puppy go to the wrong home, we ask you to please respect our expertise in the matching process. This also ensures that no one gets a "last pick" puppy, your request will always be honored as if it were the first request as placements are not made via order of deposits.
6. Take Home your Puppy: Your Take Home date will be scheduled between 8-9 weeks of age of your new puppy. Occasionally, the timing of puppy pick-up may not work for your schedule. Based on space availability in our home, we MAY be able to hold your puppy longer than 9 weeks for a charge of $45/day for boarding and continued Puppy Culture, this a;so includes the cost of food. Or inquire about additional training options to keep your puppy with us a little longer and gain a little more precious knowledge. Check out the tab 'SUPERIOR STANDARDS' for more info on these options. Special Hand Delivery within the US is also available- inquire about this option and cost as well.
*Before you leave with your puppy, you will need to schedule a visit with your veterinarian within 72 hours, as stated in your Puppy Adoption Contract.
After you take your puppy home, know that we are still here for lifetime support for you and your new best friend.
**All our our puppies will leave with a Puppy Bag of goodies including Life's Abundance food, treats, and other items to get you and puppy off on the right paw. Our puppies are vaccinated according to the results of each litter's Titer test- unless otherwise requested by you/your Veterinarian, they are dewormed, early spay/neutered, microchipped, raised with Puppy Culture and Avidog methods in our home, and are well socialized in quality over quantity with humans and animals of various types.